42° Hartford, CT
The student newspaper of University High School.

University Times

University Times

University Times

UHSSE Girl’s Soccer Team Wraps Up 2023-2024 Season with Strong Performance and a Focus on Teamwork

From Conference Competitors to Skill Building Success: UHSSE Girl’s Soccer team reflects on a Memorable Season

Now that the UHSSE girl’s soccer team’s season has come to end for the 2023-2024 year.

Let’s see how it went ,the girl had 10:6 wins,losses.They co played with capital prep this year.They were coached by …. And the 2 assistant coaches,Mrs.Goddess and Mrs.Bernoski. 

The goal for the 2023-2024 season was to get into conference and states.Unfortunately they didn’t make it to states but ,they did make it into top four to compete for conference which was on ….. . They had a lot of freshmen and seniors on the team this year.So,let’s see what they have to say about the season. “I liked it a lot because we were able to meet new people and learn new skill.I used to think that I was bad but after this year I think I gained so much knowledge and feel confident in playing again.” said Lav 

The Girl’s say even though it is important to win.It is also important to be a team and enjoy playing.

“Overall the season was very successful.We started off a little slow but i think that we made progress toward the end,we were playing our best soccer of the season.”said Lav

They did really well this season but they still think they have a lot to improve.The biggest problem and improvement they can make for next is “communication before passing the ball.” said Ahlaam 

I would continue my journey in college but it depends on classes and how good I feel about my skills.

The Girl’s had so much fun playing this year and want to continue to expand their team so we hope some of the people who are reading this story will join.