57° Hartford, CT
The student newspaper of University High School.

University Times

University Times

University Times

Robotics Team’s Remarkable Season Ends with New England District Championship and Inspiring Perfomances

From Runner-Up to Making Friends: Robotics Team’s Journey in the New England District Championship
Courtesy Photo

The Robotics Team has had an amazing season. Their official season just ended after the team made the New England District Championship. Throughout the season the team did many incredible things like coming runner up at their Hartford competition. “We got second place at the Hartford event and made it to the playoffs.” said Emmet Spaeth ’25. The team then competed the next weekend in Waterbury where they placed 22/32 and were knocked out in the beginning of the semi-finals. These two performances allowed for the team to come in ranked 84th for New England in total.  At the district event, the team placed 42/48 but still tried their hardest and made a lot of friends. Spaeth also said that the top 24 teams qualify for states which will at Glastonbury High School. If you want to see the team compete at off season events, they will be competing at Connecticut States (Glastonbury High School, Sunday May 19th) and at the Where In Wolcott Invitational (Wolcott High School, Saturday June 8th).