80° Hartford, CT
The student newspaper of University High School.

University Times

University Times

University Times

Staff Spotlight: Mr. Tarantino

From Teaching Dreams to Musical Melodies: Get to Know Mr. Joseph Tarantino!
Staff Spotlight: Mr. Tarantino

This month’s staff spotlight is on Mr. Joseph Tarantino, one of the English teachers in our school. He has been teaching for the past 15 years.

Mr. Tarantino went to college at the University of Connecticut  and he majored in curriculum and instruction. His dream came true. Mr.Tarantino has always dreamed of being a teacher since he was seven and has always stuck with it and achieved that dream. He would’ve loved to have been a writer/journalist but is glad to be able to work with amazing children.

Mr. Tarantino’s favorite thing about teaching is that he is able to create a safe and effective learning space for young kids and he gets to bond with the students and make sure their school experience is the best it can possibly be.

Mr. Tarantino enjoys his clubs as he is the advisor of the current senior class and is able to help them plan fun stuff like prom and graduation to send them off to their next step in their education. He enjoyed watching them grow up since it was his first year here when they were freshman. He also runs Pride Club, which has been so successful this year and is running their first annual diversity day.

Mr. Tarantino loves his music. He always has his headphones in. He also loves singing and has something really exciting coming up. He is in a chorus and they have a big concert in Hartford.

Mr. Tarantino loves that the school holds high expectations for students but doesn’t expect them to achieve those expectations by themselves. He enjoys helping students be all they can be..